History of Tappan
Tappan was founded in 1881 in Ohio, originally as the Ohio Valley Foundry Company. Their first product was a cast iron stove, that the owner sold door to door. The company went through multiple names before finally landing on the Tappan Stove Company. During World War 2, they manufactured cooking equipment and appliances for the military. While they completed a few small acquisitions, they themselves were purchased by Frigidaire, and then by Electrolux by 1979.
Brands that have manufactured or been manufactured by Tappan include:
- Montgomery Ward
Tappan Appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Freestanding Ranges – Made with Oven and Cooktop combined, they can be entirely gas, electric, or with a gas cooktop and electric oven.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
New Tappan models are no longer being made, but many homes may still have them. They have experienced very few recalls, one of which was a built-in gas oven that was manufactured by F.H. Lawson Company, for a loose fitting connection that may cause gas leakage. If you’re experiencing anything unusual or concerning about how your appliance is functioning, contact a repair service as soon as possible to prevent any further issues. Such as:
- Water leaks
- Broken controls
- Stove not igniting
- Gas leaks
- Not broiling
- Door latch broken
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
The trained experts at 180 Appliance Repair Services have repaired even the oldest models of Tappan appliances, as well as their manufacturers Frigidaire and Electrolux. Our technicians have access to a vast inventory of even the rarest parts and components, to ensure that you get a speedy diagnosis and repair. We know you’re busy, so we have customer service representatives available 24/7 to take your call and make an appointment around your schedule. Our techs are always punctual, and promise not to keep you waiting. When you want the most professional service possible, call 180 Appliance Repair Services!