Samsung Appliance Repair Services in LA
SAMSUNG APPLIANCES WE REPAIR
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
- French Door Refrigerators – Two French doors on top for the refrigerator, and a drawer bottom freezer. These have become more prominent since the late 90’s.
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Induction Cooktops – Provides faster and more cost-efficient heating. Cookware must be ferrous metal and have a flat bottom in order to work. Heats only the pan, never letting the surface get hot enough to make spilled food burn or stick. If the pot is removed, the element automatically turns off.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Combination Ranges – These can have a gas, electric, or induction cooktop with a gas, electric or induction oven attached.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washinging.
- Top Load Washers – Typically made larger and to hold more clothing, these washers don’t rely upon a door seal and usually require less maintenance.
- Front Load Washers – Uses less water, less soap, and they are less likely ruin or tear delicate clothing. Require more maintenance for the door seal and bellows.
- Dryers – Fast and efficient, these cut down the time it takes to dry clothing. They can be either gas or electric. There are many types of dryers, but Tumbler dryers are the most widely used in consumer homes.
Samsung has experienced a couple of recalls in its time. They have had a front loading washer voluntarily recalled due to a water leakage (similar to a Maytag model), that was causing an electrical short and causing the circuit boards to ignite. More currently, while it may not be a recall, Samsung is currently fighting a class-action suit for a couple of models of side-by-side refrigerators. There seems to be a defect with the external coils, causing them to freeze and prevent the refrigerator itself from cooling. This can be a huge inconvenience, considering the loss of spoiled food and cost of repairs/replacement. If you experience anything out of the ordinary with your appliance, it’s important to call a repair service as soon as possible to prevent further issues. Such problems can include:
- Washer not draining
- Clothes not drying completely
- Cycles not running
- Water Leaking
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Not cooling
- Not defrosting
- Broken digital display
History of Samsung
In 1938, Samsung was founded in Korea, originally dealing with groceries produced in the local areas. After the Korean War, the owner built a wool mill and began to grow his business. The company that is well known now is extremely diversified with a concentration in their electronics business. In 1970, they began producing home appliances under the “Samsung NEC” name, while simultaneously manufacturing vast amounts of electronic products such as televisions. Their first mobile phone arrived in the late 1980’s, and was having a difficult time competing with other businesses due to poor quality. No longer wanting to be considered a “budget brand”, Samsung stopped production on underselling products, and began trying to change its public image via marketing and sponsorships. After finally passing Sony and becoming the 20th most popular consumer brand in 2005, Samsung has sprung from its decline to be the successful and recognizable company it is today.
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
The technicians at 180 Appliance Repair Services have seen hundreds of different Samsung appliances, and are well versed in the common issues associated with these products. You can trust our experts to not only diagnose the issue quickly, but with confidence because of their years of experience. They have access to the largest inventory of parts and components in the industry, allowing them to repair appliances from any make, model or manufacturer. Call one of our friendly customer service agents to schedule an appointment to fit around your needs. Don’t spend time and money searching for a new appliance, save and call us at 180 Appliance Repair Services!