Danby Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Danby
The company was founded in 1947, and is privately held in Canada even though they have an office in the U.S. They mainly produce compact appliances, which are incredibly useful for dorms, small apartments or anyone looking to save space. Their first products were hot plates, and they have since expanded to miniature refrigerators and more. While originally family owned, it was purchased by Amana, which was then acquired by Whirlpool. They do not manufacture their own products, but instead rebrand and sell them.
Companies Danby is associated with include:
- Modern Maid
- Micro Fridge
Danby Appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Mini Refrigerators
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- Small to Large AC Units
- Wine Cellars – Made to customize the storage temperatures so that wine may be served at its best. Usually with glass doors, so that bottles can be on display to visitors as well.
- Beverage Coolers
- Standing Freezers – For those with extra room in their kitchen, or who need them simply as extra storage space. Can be free-standing or built-in.
- Chest Freezers – An indispensable item for those with large families and need a great deal of storage. Also used for commercial purposes, and typically kept outside of the kitchen.
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Freestanding Ranges – Made with Oven and Cooktop combined, they can be entirely gas, electric, or with a gas cooktop and electric oven.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Dryers – Fast and efficient, these cut down the time it takes to dry clothing. They can be either gas or electric. There are many types of dryers, but Tumbler dryers are the most widely used in consumer homes.
- Top Load Washers – Typically made larger and to hold more clothing, these washers don’t rely upon a door seal and usually require less maintenance.
In the late 90’s, Danby sold chest freezers that were recalled later on. There was an issue with the lock mechanism which allowed them to be forced open. Unfortunately, there was an incident in which a child opened a locked door, and became trapped inside the freezer. While they were found shortly by an adult, it could have resulted in a much more serious situation. It’s important to extensively test locks on your appliances provided such a problem were to occur. There are many issues that could arise with an appliance, so if you suspect anything out of the ordinary, call a repair service immediately. Such issues could include:
- Water leaking
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Door latches broken
- Doors not sealing
- Lights not working
- Freezer not defrosting
- Refrigerator not cooling
- Refrigerator over-cooling
- Coils frozen
- Appliance not draining
- Loud/Unusual Noises
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
No matter how small the appliance, the technicians at 180 Appliance Repair Services will be able to get it up and running for you in no time! We are familiar with Danby, and all of the manufacturers they have worked with. Our experts will diagnose the issue quickly and confidently, and with their access to the largest inventory of parts and components, will also repair the appliance just as fast! Call one of our customer service representatives anytime, 24/7! No matter what the emergency, they will find you an appointment time that will fit around your busy agenda. Don’t spend the money buying a new appliance, when you can save on a repair with 180 Appliance Repair Services!