Jenn Air Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Jenn-Air
The company was founded in 1947 in Indiana, and they primarily focused on producing fans for commercial and industrial buildings. After attaching one of these deluxe fans to a range (providing the first downdraft cooktop in the industry), they began to manufacture large kitchen appliances as well. They produced professional ranges, built-in refrigerators and many small appliances such as mixers. This went on until 1982, when they were acquired by Maytag, who was going through a period of purchasing many small companies in order to expand. In 2006, Maytag was acquired by Whirlpool. Their corporate offices for the brand are now in Michigan.
While now made by a different manufacturer, the Jenn-Air brand is still thriving. Companies Jenn-Air has been associated with include:
- Magic Chef
Jenn-Air Appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Wall Ovens – Built in for convenience to the consumer, they can be stacked/installed with multiple to provide more option for the cook.
- Freestanding Ranges – Made with Oven and Cooktop combined, they can be entirely gas, electric, or with a gas cooktop and electric oven.
- Convection Oven – Circulates and distributes heated air around the food to allow it to cook more evenly. Can be either gas or electric.
- Refrigerator & Bottom Freezer – Created to provide easier access to refrigerator items, as they are needed more often than freezer.
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
- French Door Refrigerators – Two French doors on top for the refrigerator, and a drawer bottom freezer. These have become more prominent since the late 90’s.
- Built-In Refrigerator – Usually available in any style, these provide the homeowner the ability to save space and coordinate the look of the kitchen. Some brands allow for these to have replaceable door panels, so that they may coincide with the cabinetry.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators – Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator, and are easily accessible. They can be put into any room for extra storage or entertainment purposes.
- Wine Cellars – Made to customize the storage temperatures so that wine may be served at its best. Usually with glass doors, so that bottles can be on display to visitors as well.
As one of many companies owned by Maytag and then Whirlpool, they have been part of rather large recalls these past few years. They had a Maytag manufactured gas cooktop recalled for gas tubing leaking gas and igniting, which is an enormous fire hazard. They’ve also had a Maytag manufactured dishwasher recalled for failures with the heating element, causing fires and cabinet damage. While such situations are not common occurrences, it’s important to watch for any sign that your appliance is doing something out of the ordinary. Such problems can include:
- Water leaks
- Gas leaks
- Burners not igniting
- Broil function not working
- Dishwasher not running cycles
- Dishwasher not draining
- Broken Digital Display
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
The techs at 180 Appliance Repair Services have seen many Jenn-Air products, manufactured by both Maytag and Whirlpool, and are familiar with their common issues. They have spent years making these diagnostics and repairs, and will be sure to give you amazing results. Thanks to our vast inventory of parts and components, our experts have access to anything they need for every make and model. Call one of our customer service representatives 24/7, and schedule an appointment that’s most convenient for you. Don’t wait for the problem to get worse, call 180 Appliance Repair Services now!