Haier Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Haier
Haier was founded in 1984, originally as Qingdao Refrigerator Company. While realistically the company existed since the 1920’s, it had become a government run facility in the 1940’s and hadn’t been improved upon until 1984. The company had a 20% failure rate with their refrigerators (the only thing they produced at the time) and were even knowingly selling them. When a young city manager by the name of Zhang took over, he had the faulty products destroyed and began rebuilding. With the help of new technologies offered by German company Liebherr, they were able to turn a great deal of profit and grow, now venturing further than just refrigerators. The name Haier was finally chosen in 1991. Manufacturing facilities were now being built in other countries, and they entered the U.S. market, starting with mini refrigerators and wine coolers. Haier had attempted to purchase Maytag in 2005, but was outbid by Whirlpool. Despite that, they are still rivaling, and possibly even surpassing Whirlpool in the refrigeration business. In 2012, they purchased the popular New Zealand brand Fisher & Paykel.
Brands/Manufacturers Haier is associated with include:
- Fisher & Paykel
- Black & Decker
Haier appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- French Door Refrigerators – Two French doors on top for the refrigerator, and a drawer bottom freezer. These have become more prominent since the late 90’s.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators – Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator, and are easily accessible. They can be put into any room for extra storage or entertainment purposes.
- Wine Cellars – Made to customize the storage temperatures so that wine may be served at its best. Usually with glass doors, so that bottles can be on display to visitors as well.
- Standing Freezers – For those with extra room in their kitchen, or who need them simply as extra storage space. Can be free-standing or built-in.
- Chest Freezers – An indispensable item for those with large families and need a great deal of storage. Also used for commercial purposes, and typically kept outside of the kitchen.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Front Load Washers – Uses less water, less soap, and they are less likely ruin or tear delicate clothing. Require more maintenance for the door seal and bellows.
- Dryers – Fast and efficient, these cut down the time it takes to dry clothing. They can be either gas or electric. There are many types of dryers, but Tumbler dryers are the most widely used in consumer homes.
- Stackable Washer/Dryer – Made to save space, these are usually much smaller and seen in apartments, condos and small homes.
The only major recall Haier has experienced has been for one of their chest freezers that were also manufactured for Black & Decker. A capacitor in the circuitry was overheating, causing a fire hazard to consumers. While this itself is a more extreme situation than normal, it’s important to look for anything out of the ordinary happening with your appliance. Discontinue use of the product and call a repair service if you experience any of the following:
- Temperature inconsistency
- Freezer not defrosting
- Strange smells
- Water leaking
- Dishwasher not draining
- Loud/Unusual noises
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
The technicians at (180 Appliance Repair Services understand how much of an inconvenience it is when your appliance stops working. They have spent years in the field repairing Haier brand appliances, as well as Fisher & Paykel. They will be sure to diagnose your problem quickly and confidently. Our experts have access to the largest stock of parts and components in the industry, allowing them to provide you with the fastest recovery possible. Even our customer service representatives are available 24/7 to take your call and make an appointment to best fit your busy schedule. Don’t waste time on an unprofessional repair man, call 180 Appliance Repair Services today!