Magic Chef Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Magic Chef
Magic Chef was originally founded in 1870 as a tin shop. At first they manufactured washing machines, stoves and other large appliances. In 1901, they merged with 8 other companies to form the American Stove Company. In 1929, they changed their name to Magic Chef after successfully introducing an oven temperature control device. Their most famous products were their gas stoves, but they still continued to produce other appliances despite the lack of success with them. In1986 they were sold to Maytag after being passed around by a few other companies. Maytag was then acquired by Whirlpool in 2006, though they have continued using the Magic Chef brand name.
Brands that Magic Chef has produced for or been produced by include:
- Quick Meal
- Dixie Products
Magic Chef appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Freestanding Ranges – Made with Oven and Cooktop combined, they can be entirely gas, electric, or with a gas cooktop and electric oven.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators – Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator, and are easily accessible. They can be put into any room for extra storage or entertainment purposes.
- Mini refrigerators
Since Maytag (and then Whirlpool) have taken over the company, there have been a few recalls. They had an electric range recalled due to liquid coming in contact with the indicator light, causing sparks and a fire hazard. The gas stove that was recalled was manufactured with the insulation out of position, causing nearby cabinets or counters to scorch when using the broil or self-clean function. As read, these are hazards that can pose serious problems for consumers, so it’s important to alert someone when your appliance in functioning differently than it normally does. Some issues are:
- Excessive smell of gas
- Burner not igniting
- Broiler not working
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
Here at 180 Appliance Repair Services, our technicians have worked with Magic Chef, Maytag and Whirlpool appliances on a regular basis. They have spent years learning their common malfunctions and problems, and are sure to diagnose the issue with your appliance quickly and confidently. They have access to the industry’s largest inventory of parts and components, ensuring that no matter what the make, model or manufacturer, they will be able to get the job done. Call one of our customer service agents now; they are available 24/7, and would be more than happy to set you up with an appointment time that will work around your schedule. Don’t wait for the problem to get worse, call 180 Appliance Repair Services today!