Kelvinator Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Kelvinator
In 1914, Kelvinator was founded in Detroit, Michigan. In 1918, they had released the first automatically controlled refrigerator, and by 1923 held a majority of the refrigerator market in North America. They began to acquire smaller companies at this time, in order to grow the business. During the 2nd World War, they turned their facilities over to military supply manufacturing. Afterwards in their appliance department, they began including shelves and compartments in their refrigerators, and even introduced their side-by-side refrigerator and freezer by 1950. For a short period of time they offered appliances with a picture frame built in, allowing consumers to decorate them. After being sold to multiple companies, they are now owned by Electrolux.
Brands that Kelvinator has manufactured for, or manufactured by include:
Kelvinator brand appliances we repair include, but are not limited to:
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- Refrigerator & Bottom Freezer – Created to provide easier access to refrigerator items, as they are needed more often than freezer.
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators – Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator, and are easily accessible. They can be put into any room for extra storage or entertainment purposes.
- Wine Cellars – Made to customize the storage temperatures so that wine may be served at its best. Usually with glass doors, so that bottles can be on display to visitors as well.
- Standing Freezers – For those with extra room in their kitchen, or who need them simply as extra storage space. Can be free-standing or built-in.
- Chest Freezers – An indispensable item for those with large families and need a great deal of storage. Also used for commercial purposes, and typically kept outside of the kitchen.
- Novelty/Merchandise Freezers
- Top Load Washers – Typically made larger and to hold more clothing, these washers don’t rely upon a door seal and usually require less maintenance.
- Front Load Washers – Uses less water, less soap, and they are less likely ruin or tear delicate clothing. Require more maintenance for the door seal and bellows.
- Dryers – Fast and efficient, these cut down the time it takes to dry clothing. They can be either gas or electric. There are many types of dryers, but Tumbler dryers are the most widely used in consumer homes.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
There have been only a few recalls under the Kelvinator brand name, even with their multiple manufacturers over the years. A washer manufactured by Frigidaire was recalled for a defect with the drain pump and it overheating. They had an older refrigerator manufactured by themselves recalled for an improperly placed heater wire, creating a possible shock hazard. Regardless of the problem, it’s always important to call a repair service when your appliance is acting differently. Such problems can include:
- Loud/Unusual noises
- Failure to drain
- Refrigerator not cooling
- Inconsistent temperatures
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
Kelvinator has always specialized in Refrigerators and Freezers, which is was our technicians receive the most calls about! With their years of knowledge behind them, you can rest assured that their diagnosis will be precise. Our experts also have access to the industry’s largest inventory of compatible parts and components, allowing them to complete the repair no matter what the make, model or manufacturer. Our customer service representatives are standing by for your call 24/7, and are ready to make an appointment that will fit in your busy schedule. Don’t spend the money replacing your expensive appliance. Save, and call 180 Appliance Repair Services!