Crosley Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Crosley
Powel Crosley, Jr. was an inventor and entrepreneur best known for his radios in the 1920s. The Crosley Radio Corporation manufactured products that at the time cost nearly 10 times the amount when made by anyone else. In 1930, he ventured into the appliance business. His first appliance was the Icyball, a refrigerator not powered by electricity but a kerosene heater that charged it. He later came up with the idea to put shelves on the refrigerator door in 1932, which became the industry standard after his patent terminated. The company ceased to be owned by any Crosley family members in 1976. Currently, nearly all Crosley branded products are manufactured by Electrolux, with the exception of their washing machines which are produced by Whirlpool.
Crosley appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Refrigerator & Top Freezer – Most common in households, it has been the leading style since the 1940’s. Some budget models and mini-fridges use a freezer chest as opposed to a separate compartment.
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
- French Door Refrigerators – Two French doors on top for the refrigerator, and a drawer bottom freezer. These have become more prominent since the late 90’s.
- Standing Freezers – For those with extra room in their kitchen, or who need them simply as extra storage space. Can be free-standing or built-in.
- Chest Freezers – An indispensable item for those with large families and need a great deal of storage. Also used for commercial purposes, and typically kept outside of the kitchen.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
- Top Load Washers – Typically made larger and to hold more clothing, these washers don’t rely upon a door seal and usually require less maintenance.
- Front Load Washers – Uses less water, less soap, and they are less likely ruin or tear delicate clothing. Require more maintenance for the door seal and bellows.
- Dryers – Fast and efficient, these cut down the time it takes to dry clothing. They can be either gas or electric. There are many types of dryers, but Tumbler dryers are the most widely used in consumer homes.
- Air Conditioners
The most recent recall to hit the market was for a top load washer manufactured by Frigidaire (and spanned across Crosley, Frigidaire, Kelvinator, and Kenmore models). The washer was experiencing a defect with the drain pump, which was overheating and posing a fire hazard. They’ve also had a refrigerator recalled, manufactured by Maytag, experiencing an electrical failure that could cause the compressor to overheat. Whenever you feel something out of the ordinary is happening with your appliance, call a repair service immediately. Such problems can include:
- Refrigerator not cooling
- Unusual/bad smells
- Unusual/Loud noises
- Digital display errors
- Clothes not drying completely
- Dishwasher or washers not draining
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
Here at 180 Appliance Repair Services, our technicians repair Crosley branded products on a regular basis, regardless of who the manufacturer is. Our experts have been building their knowledge of Crosley appliance defects and problems for years. They know how to identify and diagnose quickly and confidently. They can also provide you with a speedy and efficient repair, thanks to our vast inventory of components and parts for every make and model. Don’t wait; call one of our customer service agents. They are available 24/7 to listen to your needs, and schedule your appointment at a time that best suits you. Don’t settle for the unprofessional, contact 180 Appliance Repair Services today!