Dacor Appliance Repair Services in LA
History of Dacor
Dacor (Distinctive Appliances, Incorporated) was founded in 1965, by the owner of Stanthony Corp, Stanley Joseph. His two sons purchased the company from him in 1982, and continued their father’s work by creating new patents on kitchen appliances. They now base their headquarters and large manufacturing plant in California, which produces products for all of North America. They have created partnerships with both DesignworksUSA (owned by BMW Group) and the prestigious cooking school Le Cordon Bleu. They are proud to be one of the few appliance companies still entirely American made and family owned.
Dacor appliances we service include, but are not limited to:
- Gas Cooktops – Using natural gas, they provide the cook with the ability to perfectly control temperatures with an open flame.
- Electric Cooktops – Converts electricity in order to heat iron coils, which in turn heat the cookware. Originally created as a novelty, they can be expensive to run. They are seen with both glass/ceramic tops and hotplates.
- Induction Cooktops – Provides faster and more cost-efficient heating. Cookware must be ferrous metal and have a flat bottom in order to work. Heats only the pan, never letting the surface get hot enough to make spilled food burn or stick. If the pot is removed, the element automatically turns off.
- Gas Oven – Traditional and most cost-effective, more models are being released with the ability to become a convection oven for even baking.
- Electric Oven – Uses electricity to heat elements in the oven in order to cook. Not incredibly cost effective, but can cook more evenly than a conventional gas oven.
- Convection Oven – Circulates and distributes heated air around the food to allow it to cook more evenly. Can be either gas or electric.
- Wall Ovens – Built in for convenience to the consumer, they can be stacked/installed with multiple to provide more option for the cook.
- Freestanding Ranges – Made with Oven and Cooktop combined, they can be entirely gas, electric, or with a gas cooktop and electric oven.
- Side by Side Refrigerators – Also called “American Style”, they were invented by Amana to provide more freezer space. Left is the freezer, Right is the refrigerator.
- French Door Refrigerators – Two French doors on top for the refrigerator, and a drawer bottom freezer. These have become more prominent since the late 90’s.
- Built-In Refrigerator – Usually available in any style, these provide the homeowner the ability to save space and coordinate the look of the kitchen. Some brands allow for these to have replaceable door panels, so that they may coincide with the cabinetry.
- Under-Counter Refrigerators – Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator, and are easily accessible. They can be put into any room for extra storage or entertainment purposes.
- Wine Cellars – Made to customize the storage temperatures so that wine may be served at its best. Usually with glass doors, so that bottles can be on display to visitors as well.
- Under-Counter Dishwashers – These are occasionally built-in for a more coordinated look. Usually made so that they are easy to install and service, they take the hassle out of hand washing.
Dacor has not experienced any recalls on entire units, but has had a few components here and there that have had to be replaced. It’s still important to be aware of anything out of the ordinary that may be happening with your appliance, as some small symptoms can develop into problems that put both your home and your family at risk. Such issues could be:
- Burners not igniting
- Gas leaking
- Oven not broiling
- Fluctuating temperature
- Burnt out heating elements
- Digital display errors
- Water leaking
- Lights not working
- Loud/Unusual noises
Why go with 180 Appliance Repair Services?
Here at 180 Appliance Repair Services, we know that losing your stove, oven, or refrigerator can turn everything upside down. Our technicians have worked on Dacor appliances for many years, and have become familiar with their common problems. They will be sure to diagnose the issue quickly, and confidently. They have access to the industry’s largest inventory of parts and components, so even the most rare of makes or models can be repaired in a timely manner. Call one of our customer service representatives now to make an appointment that will fit around your busy schedule. Don’t settle for the less professional, contact the experts at 180 Appliance Repair Services today!